Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stationary Station: Old Fashioned Gratefulness



Stationary Station

Old Fashioned Gratefulness


Jon and I fight over who gets to get the mail. We both love it. There's so much promise in a full mailbox. There could be anything in there! A letter, a package, a notification that we won a major award... Anything! Of course, 98% of the time, it's just bills and flyers. Maybe it's because we love getting letters so much that I take every opportunity I can to send letters out.

If I need to say thank you, or I'm sorry, or "You Rock!" my favorite way to do it is with a hand written card. Despite my obsession with all things technology (thanks for that iPhone), I prefer to keep my address book in a black moleskin address book with a deep back pocket (that's been lovingly doodled on for 3 years). I keep stamps and stationary in the back pocket (just a few cards... I keep my stationary stash with my office supplies).  I can take my moleskin book to the couch and happily write a card, address it, stick on a stamp and put it my outgoing mail folder.

If you send out cards frequently then consider investing in what I consider essentials to my favorite hobby:

An address stamp can be purchased for about $24.00 but lasts forever (I scrapbook in my spare time, so I just use scrapbooking ink).

A wax seal kit (I bought mine from Barnes and Noble years ago in a clearance sale for $5.95)

Here's a few of my stationary favorites:


Click here to head over to my polyvore site for prices and stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and discuss here. You can also share your own tips and ask questions of the author. Complaints and constructive criticism are welcomed. Derogatory and hateful comments will be deleted.