Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What's Checked Out in January?




We love the library. I can save a fortune by never needing to buy books. I save space by not needing the room to store them all. I even save time by requesting my wish list online and having the library pull the books for me so I can just go in and grab them. Here's a quick peek at what we checked out this month:


Movies:

I check out Movies.com to watch trailers and figure out what I want to see.

Despicable Me 2: Adorable kids movie.

Man of Steel: I loved it. Jon wasn't a fan since he preferred the older movies.



Music:

I use Shazam when I listen to the radio to tag songs I love. I can then search the albums and reserve them.

Of Monsters and Men: "Little Talks" got added to my running playlist.

Pitch Perfect Soundtrack: "Cups" also got added to my running playlist.





Books:

I went back to classics this month and re-read my favorites. Mostly because I've had a lot of changes this month and my brain can only take so many new things at once.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: The theme for this whole list is outstanding teen sci-fi.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Movie comes out this February!)

Divergent by Veronica Roth (Movie comes out this March!)





Life Skills Books:

The Spark Solution: A weight loss book from the guys that brought you sparkpeople.

Your Best Body Ever by Anita Goa : A power yoga book that incorporates strength training and cardio into your yoga routines.

$5.00 Dinner Mom by Erin Chase: I just returned this because I received my very own copy at Christmas. As far as I'm concerned this is the best cookbook in the world. It's been my favorite for almost 3 years.





Kids Books:

Peace Baby! by Linda Ashman

The Thingamabob by Sung Na

Signing in My World: Sign Language for Kids by Kathryn Clay

The Berenstain Bears Home Sweet Tree by Stan Berenstain





We also took out puzzles! Most libraries stock wooden puzzles for kids. Ours even has Melissa and Doug puzzles!


Head out to your local library and take a look to see what you're into!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and discuss here. You can also share your own tips and ask questions of the author. Complaints and constructive criticism are welcomed. Derogatory and hateful comments will be deleted.